Joomla Migration
  ! ! Dieses Forum wurde archiviert +++ Alle Beiträge bleiben erhalten +++ Login, Registrierung und Neupostings sind nicht mehr möglich ! !
Foren-ÜbersichtHilfeSuchen  
Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Dorf zwischen Monywa and Pakokku gesucht (Gelesen: 3433 mal)
sylvia_b
26.07.10 um 08:38:27

Hallo,
ich hätte eine recht ungewöhnliche Bitte.
Auf unserer Reise haben wir zwischen Monywa und Pakokku ein kleines Dorf besucht, in dem es so eine Art "Klein Bagan" gab. Also ungefähr 50-60 verfallene kleinere Pagoden auf engem Raum (von der Stimmung und der Optik her erinnert es ein wenig an Indein, nur touristisch noch nahezu unerschlossen). Das Dorf wurde von unserem Guide "Middle Ma Auu" genannt.
Ich suche nun Informationen (z.b. wie alt die Anlage ist) oder auch andere Bilder im Netz. Middle Ma Auu wird von google nicht gefunden, googlemaps kennt zwar einen Ort Ma Au auf der Karte, aber auch dazu sind keine Infos zu finden.
Kennt jemand dieses Dorf? Schreibt es sich evtl. doch etwas anders?  Oder weiß jemand Näheres über die Anlage?
Wäre super wenn mir jemand helfen kann.

Grüße
Sylvia

IP gespeichert  
JE
Member*
Antwort #1 - 28.07.10 um 21:38:07

I think you are talking about Pakangyi
IP gespeichert  
JE
Member*
Antwort #2 - 28.07.10 um 22:00:42

I send you a personal message with link
IP gespeichert  
sylvia_b
Antwort #3 - 29.07.10 um 09:04:44

Thanks for your answer.
I'm not sure if this is right (despite the third of your photographs looks similar to my pictures). In the Internet Pakangyi is described as a small town with a town wall and a large wooden monastery (that seems to be the "top 1 sight" there)
But it was definitely not a town, it was a small village, without any town wall, with a small, not really attractive monastery - the main attractions were the pagodas and besides of that you could have a look at the insence stick making. Very rural atmosphere.

Can you remember where you took your third photograph? In a town or in a village?

Thanks for your help.
Best regards
Sylvia

IP gespeichert  
JE
Member*
Antwort #4 - 29.07.10 um 18:53:50

All the pictures were made in a circle of 10 kilometers around Pakangyi. If I remember correctly north of Pakangyi. Going to Monywa from Pakokku it was on the left side of the road, where  I saw some old monuments about 2 kilometers from the road, similar to small pagodas in Bagan only more in ruins. My guide brought me there and told it was very close to Pakangyi,allthough it was not Pakangyi itself.I never saw the city-walls or the monastery. In fact the only thing to see there was a waterhole and some huts scattered around the fields where the ruins where. Indeed it was very rural, people tried to change money they received during the Japanese occupation in World War 2 with me. I saw incense making as well as cheroot making. Regards Jan Egbert
IP gespeichert  
JE
Member*
Antwort #5 - 29.07.10 um 20:03:35

PS When looking for Pakangyi at Google Maps I also see a village called Ma-Au 15-20 kilometers north of it. Adding upper-burma to search terms Pakangyi, kingdom in Google gave little results.A book by Donald M Stadtner called Ancient Pagan, Buddhist plain of merit, states the buildings around Pakangyi were build in the 13th century. Maybe it was part of the Bagan empire. Good luck searching. Jan Egbert
IP gespeichert  
sylvia_b
Antwort #6 - 01.08.10 um 21:30:35

JE schrieb am 29.07.10 um 20:03:35:
PS When looking for Pakangyi at Google Maps I also see a village called Ma-Au 15-20 kilometers north of it.

Yes, that was the village I've already found at google maps. Thanks for your help again.
The information that the pagodas were probably built  in the 13th century was very helpful for me.
I looked for the mentioned book in amazon - looks interesting.
Thanks again.

Best regards
Sylvia

IP gespeichert  
Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
  « Foren-Übersicht ‹ Forum Nach oben